Websites of other Quaker Meetings in the Sheffield and Balby Area.
- www.doncasterquakers.org.uk — the website of Balby (Doncaster) Quaker Meeting.
- http://www.hopevalleyquakers.com — the website of Hope Valley Quaker Meeting.
- Sheffield and Balby Area Meeting – the website of our Area Meeting (which includes Hope Valley, Doncaster and the two Sheffield meetings)
Here is a collection of links to other websites of interest.
- www.quaker.org.uk — the website of Britain Yearly Meeting.
- http://www.quakercommunity.org.uk – website for Bamford Quaker Community
- Quakers In Yorkshire — Spreading knowledge of Quakerism and the Society of Friends in the region.
- Sheffield Quakers Blog — Reflections and discussion from Quakers in Sheffield.
- Northern Friends Peace Board — Supporting Quakers’ peace witness, promoting a culture of peace and challenging militarism in the north of Britain.
- Quaker Tapestry — A modern tapestry, this international community project explores three centuries of social history within 77 fascinating panels. Based at Kendal in Cumbria.
- Yorkshire Friends Holiday School — An annual, week-long residential gathering for around a hundred 13-18 year olds. We aim to build a vibrant, respectful community and organise a mixture of activities – both fun and thought-provoking, for both small and large groups.
- Quakers on BBC Local Sheffield and South Yorkshire
- Friends’ School Council – about Quaker Schools
- www.leaveners.org The Leaveners: An exciting and creative project exploring the beliefs of young Quakers today through the arts.
- QUARN – Quaker Asylum and Refugee Network – Supporting Quakers to bring about justice for asylum seekers and refugees.
- Experiment with Light – A form of guided meditation, based on early Quaker practice.
Organisations we have connections with
- CRESST — Conflict Resolution Education in Sheffield Schools Training. CRESST helps children and young people learn conflict resolution skills that can be used in their schools and communities. CRESST was originally set up as a project of Sheffield Central Meeting using legacy money. Now an independent charity, CRESST retains strong links to Sheffield Quakers through its trustees and volunteers.
- City Of Sanctuary . A movement to build a culture of hospitality for people seeking sanctuary, which started in Sheffield with the support of Quakers.
- Assist — Asylum Seeker Support Initiative – Short Term is a Sheffield charity that helps destitute asylum seekers in and around Sheffield.
- Double Joy — Double Joy Children’s Farm is a home and school for children orphaned by Aids in Kenya.
- Hlekweni — Hlekweni is a rural training centre outside Bulawayo, Zimbabwe. . Craig Barnett, of our meeting, was Director from 2010 – March 2011.