Active Hope Workshop
4 April @ 10:00 am - 5:00 pm
Climate Emergency?! How to Face the Mess We’re in without Going Crazy
This workshop provides a safe space to explore our responses to the climate and eco crises. It is practical, experiential, supportive and powerful. It unblocks energy and focus, building motivation, creativity and courage to respond constructively.
Active Hope draws on Deep Ecology, Systems Theory and Spiritual Traditions and follows 4 stages:
- Gratitude: for our life at this time on this planet with these beings
- Pain for the World: acknowledging our pain, anger, grief, despair
- Reframing our distress as expressing our care for the world & all beings
- Going Forth: our next steps
Facilitators: Khemasuri and Julian Briggs (experienced Active Hope facilitators)
Lunch: Bring vegan/vegetarian lunch to share
Cost: Free (donations to cover costs welcome)
Booking: Sign up Sheet on notice board at Sheffield Central OR email Chrissie Hinde
Places limited to 20.
Is this workshop for you?
- ● We will be sharing in pairs and the group: with an intention to listen deeply to each other.
- ● Difficult thoughts and feelings may arise. So you need to feel robust enough to hold these.
- ● If you currently have major life stresses or trauma, you may wish to wait and do one later.