We are delighted to be able to welcome our children and young people back to meeting at last! Face-to-face Children and Young People’s Meetings will be held every first and third Sunday of the month, starting with Sunday 3rd October. We can’t wait to see you!
Booking a place
- We can have a limited number of people in the upstairs space (up to 23 people of all ages) so everyone who would like to join us needs to have registered for a place. You will need to register for your children and young people, as well as the adult(s) accompanying them, even if the adults are only staying for the Welcoming Circle. Please use this Eventbrite weblink to register by 5pm on Saturday at the latest:
- When you follow the link you will be asked whether you want to book for the Adults’ Meeting – Ground Floor, or the Children and Young People’s Meeting – Upstairs. We recognise that many of you might like to stay upstairs with your children, after such a long break from children’s meeting. However, if you would like to join the main Meeting for Worship downstairs after the Welcoming Circle, then you will need to book a separate place for this, in addition to the place booked for the Children and Young People’s Meeting (i.e. a place for the Adults’ Meeting – Ground Floor as well as a place for the Children and Young People’s Meeting – Upstairs). This is so that numbers for the main Meeting for Worship are not exceeded.
- If you join the main Meeting for Worship, please find your way to a seat that is distanced from those already in attendance.
Arriving at the Meeting House
- You and your children and young people can arrive at the Meeting House from 10.15am. When you arrive, please go straight upstairs. We ask that everyone washes their hands for the recommended 20 seconds before the start of the Children and Young People’s Meeting. As there can only be one family group in the toilets at any one time, we recommend arriving as close to 10.15 as you can so that there is plenty of time for the hand washing. If you are running late, please bear in mind that the entrance to the Meeting House will be shut from 10.40am.
- On entering the building, we would encourage adults and young people of secondary school age to wear a face mask if they are able to do so. This is also encouraged when you are moving about within the building, for the Welcoming Circle, and if you are joining the main Meeting for Worship.
The Children and Young People’s Meeting
- We will start at 10.25am with a Welcoming Circle. After this, Helen will provide fun activities and stories for our younger children, and there will also be an activity session for older children and young people. Sessions will be planned on the basis of the number of children and young people in each of the two age groups, with the largest group staying in the social space and the smaller one moving into Room 2 (where the limit on numbers is up to 8 adults and children).
- There will be hand sanitiser available to use at any time in the social space and in Room 2, and there will be bins for face masks in both rooms too.
- Windows will be open to aid ventilation in both Room 2 and the social space.
- If you have been in the main Meeting for Worship then you will be able to collect your children and young people at 11.30am from upstairs. Please be mindful of the other adults and children already upstairs, and those making their way up for social time.
- You are very welcome to stay for the social time. Room 1 will be opened up at this point, so that we can give each other plenty of space. There will be drinks and snacks available from the kitchen hatch. We recommend that you collect refreshments for younger children in order to protect them from hot drinks. You are also welcome to bring your own refreshments.
- Please be ready to leave the Meeting House by 12.30pm at the latest.
Keeping each other safe
Please do not come to meeting if you or your children and young people have any of the following symptoms:
- loss of or change to sense of smell or taste
- new or persistent cough
- runny nose
- sore throat
- repeated sneezing
If in doubt as to whether the symptoms are a typical winter cold or Covid, please err on the side of caution.
In the event of you or your child having a positive PCR test for Covid within 48 hours of being at the Meeting House, you will need to contact us as soon as possible please phone the Meeting House on 0114 275 7390.